On Christmas Eve Katie got pajamas from my mom to continue the Sykes family tradition. It was started by my great-grandma and celebrated by my grandparents. It is one of my most happy Christmas memories as a kid. I felt very nostalgic to see her in the footie jammies. She kept stroking the fuzzy softness while chewing on her candy cane with the other hand.
Here we are on Christmas morning, visions of sugar plums still lingering in our heads. Jonathan surprised me with a kiss just as the camera's self-timer when off. Katie with another candy cane just for good measure.Just the Three of Us
This was our third Christmas away from our families in Utah. We hosted a big Christmas dinner (turkey and salmon included) with members of our ward who stayed in town and didn't have family nearby. 18 adults and 9 kids were crammed into our humble abode with great success.
I would have taken pictures of the event, but I was too busy eating and having good times with my friends. So, I'll just say that it happened, and it was a great Christmas.
Happy New Year!

2 comments:
We do pajamas on Christmas Eve too, and it's so fun. I love the pajamas with the feet in them. I wish they made them for bigger kids, because my kids would probably think that was very exciting. I'm glad you had fun and did things with your ward members while you were away from family. It makes such a difference!
Christmas away from home has such potential to be cruddy or really really good in a satisfactory way. Your Christmas sounded like you chose to spend it well with food and friends and I'm sure it was remembered with fondness. God job, Marissa. And you look really pretty in that last family picture.
Post a Comment